Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Talk at Churchill Fellows Day

Sadie showing sherds of North Devon pottery
On Saturday I gave a talk at the South West branch of the Churchill Trust - a Fellows day, attended by previous Churchill Fellows and members of the group.
I was invited to speak, to present information about my experiences on my Fellowship in 2010. It was a nerve-wracking time and I was third on, just before lunch so had to speak when everyone was hungry and following the news that England had lost the World cup semi-final!
The talk was very well received and there was a lot of interest - so much so that all through lunch there was a constant stream of people waiting to talk to me and ask me questions, which was great.
The picture above is of me in full flow, showing the 35 people or so in the audience some examples of sherds of pottery I have found locally since my return. The start of the Green House Ceramics Collection.
I had a good chat with Bill Nicholson who organised the event and who also took a group photo at the end of all the speakers to post onto the Winston Churchill Trust web site - watch this space!
Overall a very good day and it left me inspired to do more talks and to continue collecting sherds, sharing what I can find out about North Devon Pottery and its export and to continue to develop the Arts exchange programme with Manteo NC.


No comments:

Post a Comment